Wednesday, 5 March 2008

iPod is the gateway drug...

I don't think you can overestimate the power of the iPod as an instrument of Apple's increased territory on the desktop. Certainly for me it has awakened a thirst for all things Apple. There are a lot of people out there who really don't like the iPod; I think there are far more people who like them. Yes, forests of white cables on the bus don't exactly make you look like an individual, but there comes a tipping point where an object ceases to be a "must have accessory" to being "best in class". If you want a portable music player with all the iPod's features, per gigabyte there is no cheaper or better player.

Once you are drawn in by the sleek lines, the minimalistic interface and powerful features, you start to look over at your computer and think "if only...". I really hope that Apple stick with the Mini as it is a crucial product in my opinion in drawing people in. I can see myself wanting an iBook once I get used to the Mini on my Desktop. You see the iPod really is the gateway drug...

No comments: